Followers

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Hidden Desires




Challenge 105
Hidden Desires

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

I am giving cards a rest for a while and going to play around with canvasses so you are on a bit of a journey with me experimenting with different mediums and seeing how they work.  On this canvass I used the image 'Look of Love' a stunning image and one that gives me a chance to practice painting eyes with acrylic paint (I am happiest with watercolour and only really used acrylics to paint block cover on boxes in the past).


For this 20cm x 20 cm canvass I first started printing the image on 120 gms paper which I hope, with the help of gesso will take the tints and paints I want to use.  Next I glued the image onto the canvass and used gesso over the whole lot.  Fingers crossed as now I am committed :) :) :).  Once dry I then added texture paste and let that dry.  Die cutting was next on the agenda, the words are Tim Holts dies and the hearts from another company.  The words were cut twice and mounted together to give more height and then all the die cuts were glued to the surface.  Now more waiting time for the glue to dry, I am not very patient when I get an urge and this waiting is a killer, maybe I need to try to have more than one project on the go at once but there again I can see the confused brain I would end up with.  Oh well, maybe I will just have to drink more coffee.  Once dry, I then used Spectrum Noir mauve tint and brushed this all over the canvass, I was trying to get the tint to seep into nooks and crannies and use the different ways the textures absorbed the tint to do most of the work for me.  I then moved onto the eyes and painted these with acrylic paint.  It was then out with the Distress Oxides to see how these worked on the gesso, would they still react as they do on paper and now I know they don't so probably won't be using them in this way again.  To finish off I used some bronze and gold gilding paste and then added a bronze metal heart.  To be honest, I am not sure about this canvass, I had so much fun doing it but when I step back and look it is not one that appeals to me, right out of my comfort zone in the final appearance, certainly not my usual thing but maybe it will grow on me :) :) :) 

Ingredients:-
  • image - Look of Love by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - SN tints, acrylic paint, Distress Oxides, gilding pastes
  • other items - canvass, gesso, die cuts, bronze heart
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

4 comments:

  1. Awesome colour and textures. This is amazing. I have some canvasses but I keep getting them out and just staring at all the white blankness LoL Never know how to start hahaha
    Thank you very much for making this lovely piece for me at IWC.
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a work of art! So lovely .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be chuffed to bits with this creation Jane - apart from the fantastic colour it really is beautiful. Love the way you've done her eyes with the complementary die cut hearts around her face. Superb!! Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    PS You don't think the confused brain thing is because you know me too well????? You know I'm contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi